Use Clip and Lanyard at the same time, and have Horizontal Clip or Pinch Clip too

• One problem with using clip is that the camera is still a bit too heavy when clipping on some thin clothes like a T-shirt. So the weight will distort the T-shirt and make it look bad. What if we have a clip with a lanyard on the top at the same time? So the lanyard can share some of the burden, and the drag on the T-shirt won't be too much?

Another benefit of Lanyard is it looks better or more natural. People would think this is some kind of special necklace pendant.

So this will give the best things of two world: stability from clip, and natural look and share of weight burden from lanyard.

Also, for dress shirt, horizontal clip might work better. Right now, the vertical clip can hold the weight, but with lanyard on at the same time, there is no need for that.

Even for T-shirt, some "pinch clip" can work better too, if layard is used at the same time.

• I agree if you use the clip on a shirt or t-shirt is heavy which using lanyard better for that.

I use the clip as a stand and I can clip it to my "thin" belt which works great but have to be careful when one is sitting down which might bend the clip. The only bad thing clipping to the belt is the perspective is lower than using the lanyard. When I did clip it and walked into my work, no one noticed FR since most people don't look down or look at your belt.

• @evibing Other than lower position, clipping on belt might also be difficult to sit with it on? Of course, you could take it off when you sit, but that would be extra work when you use it in travel.

• Now I think a small Pinch Clip with a Lanyard on top would be the best choice? It has several benefits:

1. Small Pinch Clip can attach to most clothes and stabilize the camera during moving. It is mostly used for stabilization, not for bearing the weight of camera.

2. Lanyard will bear most of the weight and also look natural.

• @dajian888 said in Use Clip and Lanyard at the same time, and have Horizontal Clip or Pinch Clip too:

Now I think a small Pinch Clip with a Lanyard on top would be the best choice? It has several benefits:

1. Small Pinch Clip can attach to most clothes and stabilize the camera during moving. It is mostly used for stabilization, not for bearing the weight of camera.

2. Lanyard will bear most of the weight and also look natural.

Yes! That would be a great idea. Small clip would stabilize any large movements. Maybe even a pin? Would need to see a design of it to see how it would work, but I agree with you somehow we need to stabilize the FR when moving around.

Also, if it's designed correctly, the clip/pin can also adjust the angle of the camera.

• @evibing Yeah. A pin would be like a horizontal clip. A horizontal clip is easy to attach to dress shirt, but maybe not so easy for T-shirt?

• @evibing I see you meant a "safety pin"? That is a good idea too, a bit harder to put on, but might be a bit more stable.

Looks like your connection to FrontRow Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.