"Can't communicate with FrontRow-8E42"

• I just got my new FrontRow, and am trying to pair with my Nexus 6P, and unable to do so. I have turned bluetooth off, and then back on, and every time I try and manually pair, FrontRow asks me if I'd like to pair, so I tap 'pair', then pair on the phone, then get "Can't communicate with FrontRow-8E42". Using the FrontRow Android App, it searches, and then goes back to the "Search FrontRow" screen with troubleshooting tips.

• My co-worker's Note 8 was able to link instantly through android bluetooth settings, and then can connect to the FrontRow through the app running 7.1.1, mine is on 8.0.

• administrators

@wistech Sorry to hear about the pairing trouble. Please send a message to help@frontrow.com to connect with a member of our Support Team who can help investigate this issue.

• Will do. Just factory reset my phone and tried again with nothing special loaded. I get the same "Can't communicate with FrontRow-8E42".

• I actually was able to finally get it linked after a few attempts to search for "FrontRow". Just live streamed for over an hour on facebook to test it, and didn't get drops or anything strange. Very, very weird. During the live stream though, the screen on the FrontRow was on the entire time, so the unit discharged VERY fast, and was extremely hot.

• @wistech Yeah, I think there is no need to keep the screen on all the time. It should be turned off after 2 minutes or so?

• @dajian888 said in "Can't communicate with FrontRow-8E42":

@wistech Yeah, I think there is no need to keep the screen on all the time. It should be turned off after 2 minutes or so?

Exactly, tune-able. I'm good with even 30 seconds, having that screen with brightness up murders the battery in no time when live-streaming.

• I have had to reboot the FR a couple times to get BT to link again in the app. Very strange. I just started using the touch screen to begin live streaming, and then watching the actual stream on the net to adjust the camera. I think BT should stay established with the device with the app in the background, this thing acts like it has to re-establish each time you open the app.

Looks like your connection to FrontRow Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.