Reduce reboot time

• To save battery, I had to turn off the FrontRow after each use. Otherwise, it will run out of battery when I want to use it next time. However, the boot time is too long each time I restart it. This creates some friction for me to use it.

This sounds like a minor detail, but it is actually quite important. IMO, more important than adding spotify or translator.

• @dajian888 said in Reduce reboot time:

To save battery, I had to turn off the FrontRow after each use. Otherwise, it will run out of battery when I want to use it next time. However, the boot time is too long each time I restart it. This creates some friction for me to use it.

This sounds like a minor detail, but it is actually quite important. IMO, more important than adding spotify or translator.

@dajian888 said in Reduce reboot time:

To save battery, I had to turn off the FrontRow after each use. Otherwise, it will run out of battery when I want to use it next time. However, the boot time is too long each time I restart it. This creates some friction for me to use it.

Ditto!!! If we can reduce the boot time that would be great! Also, is there an option to turn off passcode because it will be faster if we didn’t have to enter passcode.

• If can't reduce reboot time, I hope there is a hibernate mode that would consume very little battery, but have much faster "wake-up" speed.

• Hi @dajian888 and @evibing
    The current boot time for a device running a full Android stack is pretty impressive in my opinion
    With some more optimization we might be able to squeeze an extra 5 seconds out of it
    Hibernation support won't be available until QCOM provides 4.10 kernel support
    Turning off the device shouldn't be necessary as using the "power save" option should put device into a 3mA sleep mode
    This should provide 6 days of standby time

Looks like your connection to FrontRow Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.