Multi Identity Management, Other Ideas & UXD so far...

• Upon my initial setup, I downloaded the new system update and was confused during the attempt to connect the FrontRow device to either a Android tablet or Android phone (wouldn't pair with BlueTooth, and I wasn't sure when pairing was enabled, because I didn't see anything flashing on the screen... is it enabled all the time? not intuitive... then also wouldn't connect to Facebook Live the first time even though the code worked and connected in my personal FB account). Then I was accidentally clicking on things without any "back" button option. I was at a concert with friends during the initial usage, and had snapped a few photos and video starting out my first time use. However, because I wasn't able to connect the device to a tablet or phone successfully, I had to do a factory reset. It would be great if there was an option to do a factory reset and clear all settings from the FrontRow device WITHOUT deleting all of the media on the device, because I made some memories with friends that are now gone forever, and I would have just used a regular cell phone camera if I knew those moments risked being lost.

Separately, I would like to be able to use FrontRow to publish to multiple brands / user identities on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, etc... ideally all at the same time. YouTube would be more of a separate interaction for the way I envision it, because I don't really understand the YouTube Live features yet without growing a following on there.

To that effect, it would be extremely helpful if there was multi-identity management built into the content features so that I could choose whether to live stream with a personal account, separate personal account, or brand account. While I'm not a parent, and I don't have a girlfriend, I would imagine if I had either kids or a significant other, they might want to use the device and have the ability to share photos / videos with their friends / family using the device, so multi-identity management would come in handy for that, too, as this is a much higher priced consumer device that would be unlikely for a family to have purchase 2 - 4 extra frontrow devices for their kids.

From the user experience design perspective, this could be a circle in the slider to trigger options to switch identities, which can then seamlessly switch between different users. The companion app could even set up restrictions on data limits for photos / videos, or just allow all users to share the same data amount allowed on the device. If I had a kid, I wouldn't want them using all the space on the device when they handed it back to me. However, I could also imagine situations where I would want to post the same short video clip, "story" or photos to multiple different Facebook / Twitter / Instagram accounts. BTW-- are you going to support Instagram?

On another note... My first experience with handing other people the device to take short videos of me interacting with other people has been that they screw it up. I try to turn on the video recording, it shows recording, I hand the volunteer my FrontRow device, and then when I get it back, there's no video recorded... maybe they hit the side button? I don't know, but it's not easy for people to see that it's recording, when to me it's obvious... so if there was a "guest lock" that you can slide up as an added option on screen or something that makes it more idiot proof, this would be helpful, including flashing "RECORDING" big bold and red on the screen so that any idiot can see the video is being taken properly would be helpful, especially for the old people that I've asked to hold the device and take pics or video of me and friends, because they always ask "is this thing on?" when they are using it...

I've now taken FrontRow to a Charlie Daniels concert at the Illinois State Fair, to the Chicago Air & Water Show on a police boat, to a 10K race in Springfield, IL, and to the solar eclipse in Carbondale, IL. My concerns after these interactions were primarily water and shakiness. When I sweat on my FrontRow and run through a sprinkler with water getting on it, will it last? When running the 10K, it was bouncing off of my chest and flipping all around... whereas if there was a chest lanyard made to look the same as the included neck strap, but locked around the chest on the bottom portion of FrontRow, it would have stayed better in place... so what if there was a universal holder (accessory) for a race number plaque that can be clipped into place just below where the front row hangs from your neck? GoPro goes after helmets; FrontRow should go after other types of attachments for adventurous lifestyles. It would be really cool to record a race using story mode, but when I used it, the story mode was just a jumbled bouncing around mess due to the lack of proper attachment to the body. The photos from the eclipse didn't do so well either, but because FrontRow wasn't designed for that experience, I'm not surprised, though with Ubiquiti's claims about strong performance in low-light photography, I was expecting more...

Looks like your connection to FrontRow Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.