Add cellular network connection later?

• Cellular network connection has three benefits:

1. Allow live streaming in most places without wifi.
    2. Allow the device to work like a cell phone (take/make phone calls and video chat).
    3. Constantly upload story mode video/picture to some cloud place (public cloud or personal cloud/NAS). This will help on personal security cases. For example, if you are robbed by a stranger, the picture will be online, not just on device. (If it is just on device, the device could be taken away too)

Of course, the cost is higher: we need to add one more device into cell phone plan, and the cost of making this device will be higher too. The battery consumption may be much higher too. So I am not sure how many people like this option. Still, for many people $20 - $25 a month isn't a big deal if it is very convenient to use.

Also, this device can't possibly replace the cell phone since there are so many cell phone apps that would need a bigger screen. That said, its small size and ability to take videos all the time make it more useful than cell phone in some cases. But I guess someone needs to do a more serious research and see if this is a feasible idea.

Pocketwatch-like cell phone isn't a new idea, looks like someone already tried (and failed?):

http://www.businessinsider.com/monohm-runcible-anti-smartphone-dependence-2016-6

But in that case, it was just another cell phone with less functionality. This one is a highly functional wearable camera + a smaller and more wearable cell phone. Ladies might feel easier to go out without a hand bag, and men might feel easier when wearing shorts.

• In fact, I was always wondering if something like this was already in the plan, since I don't see how you can use the front camera right now :)

• Assuming most people would never go out without their smart phones, and wifi on cell phone's hotspot works really well, then all the 3 benefits I listed above would not exist. In that case, cellular connection would not be useful for FrontRow.

Looks like your connection to FrontRow Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.